Friday, November 30, 2018

Free Crochet Pattern - Mini Christmas Wreaths




I have been in Christmas decoration mode for days now.  I really need to stay off of Pinterest and social media because it is just fueling the crafting fire.  But seriously... how cute are these Mini Christmas Wreaths?!

I got the idea from an Instagram post from Boyle.  They suggested using tiny wreaths to decorate gift tags and I loved it.  Except when I went to follow their simple pattern they weren't quite working out for me and I was super bummed.  So after I figured out my own version I decided I had to share them!!  This is a perfect way to make use of all those small scraps of left over yarn.




Materials

  • Scraps of worsted weight yarn in various colors
  • Size G/4mm crochet hook {I used I Love This Yarn in White Sparkle for the wreaths}
  • Darning needle for weaving in ends
  • Scissors
  • Twine or other string for hanging

Wreath
Chain 8, join to first chain to form a loop.
Chain 2, DC around loop 16 times, join to fist DC. 
Fasten off and weave in ends.
{I find it easier to attach the twine at this point}


Bow
Leave a long tail at beginning for attaching the bow.
Chain 6, SC in 2nd chain from hook and across
Row 2-3, SC across to end
Fasten off leaving a long tail




To form the bow, weave both tails to the center of the bow.  Wrap both ends around in opposite directions 2-3 times to cinch the center and then tie in the back.


Using the long tails, sew the bow to the wreath, tie and weave in the ends.


Tada!!  You now have an adorable Mini Christmas Wreath.  Hang them on your tree and anywhere else that needs a little extra Christmas cheer.  And don't forget to spruce up those gift packages too!!

I would love to see your Christmas crafts!!  If you are on social media, you can tag me @crochethappens or #crochethappens.

Happy Crafting,

~Maggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment