Saturday, November 10, 2018

How I Made My Own Business Logo for FREE


I have been wanting to make some changes with my handmade business...starting with the name.  I wanted a name that would better incorporate my business and life as a whole.  I have debated this for years and finally last week it suddenly hit me...Crochet Happens.  Between all the joy and chaos of life...no matter what is going on...Crochet Happens. 

But with a name change comes lots of other changes that have to be made.  Logo and graphics is a big one for me.  To me the logo and graphics set the tone for your business.  It creates an image of what you and your business are about.  And everything needs to match between every platform...Facebook, blogger, Instagram, PayPal...everywhere that your business name is. Unfortunately graphic changes in the past have cost me money...money that I don't always want to spend when trying to revamp my business.  Let's face it, I would rather be spending that money on more yarn!  While I was searching Apple's App Store for an app I had in the past to make word graphics I stumbled across an app called Logo Maker.  


I was having trouble finding a good image or link to the app so I just did a screen shot of my phone.  

Now this app has a pretty pricy subscription fee of $7.99 a week but they also have a FREE 3 Day Trial.  Knowing that I didn't want to pay that price I went to work right away.  

There was a bunch of different style logos already premade that you can edit and make your own but because I already knew what I wanted I just opted to create my own.  


There was a bunch of different premade logos that you could chose from and edit to make your own but because I already knew what I wanted I just opted to create my own. 


Once I was done creating my logo I saved it to my phone and emailed it to myself for safe keeping.  The app makes both JPG and PNG versions...save them both!!  You might think you won't need both but trust me you might need it in the future for designing new graphics...like business cards.  


I went ahead and created a graphic that I knew I would need for my Etsy Shop while I was at it. 


I also went ahead and created another logo without the circle around just in case. 


The next day I went into my phones icloud account and canceled the subscription to be sure that I wasn't charged any fees.  The app allowed me to continue using the free trial until the 3 days were up.  


Happy creating, 

~Maggie







0 Comments:

Post a Comment