Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Free Pattern ~ Crochet Bobble Christmas Tree Skirt




This is such a fun little tree skirt!!  I had bought a little tree for each of my kids' bedrooms, and one for me too of course, and they needed the perfect skirt to complete them.  I think the bobble trim gives this simple skirt charming touch.  For years I have been telling myself that I am going to make myself a tree skirt for our big tree, but I seem to always run out of time between all the orders I get this time of year.  Maybe this year will be the year...


This tree skirt has been the biggest seller in my shop for November and December the last couple of years and I have finally decided to share it with you.  You can get the free pattern below or you can get my more detailed PDF Version here.  It includes 5 full color pages that include a step-by-step picture tutorial of the bobble stitch that you can print or use on your mobile device.


**This pattern and its photos are property of Crochet Happens.  This pattern and design are subject to copyright and are for personal use only with exception of items made from it.  You may sell your finished items, but please give credit to the designer and creator, Maggie Brennen of Crochet Happens.

Finished Size
16" diameter after bobbles.

Materials
  • Worsted Weight Yarn {I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby}
  • Size H/5mm Crochet Hook
  • Scissors
  • Darning Needle for weaving in ends

Special Notes
*Leave a LONG tail to begin with, at the end you will be using it to work along the inside edge.
**Beginning Chain 2 does not count as the first stitch

Skirt Body
Row 1: Chain 24.   Beginning in 3rd chain from hook, work {DC in first chain, 2DC in next chain} to end {33 stitches}, turn.
Row 2: Chain 2, work {DC in first 2 stitches, 2DC in next stitch} to end {44 stitches}, turn.
Row 3: Chain 2, work {DC in first 3 stitches, 2DC in next stitch} to end {55 stitches}, turn
Row 4: Chain 2, work {DC in first 4 stitches, 2DC in next stitch} to end {66 stitches}, turn
Rows 5-9: Continue in pattern.  You will end with 121 stitches total
Row 10: Work Bobble Trim to end, skipping 2 stitches between each bobble. Fasten off.

Bobble Trim
SC in first stitch, chain 6, 3DC in 3rd chain from hook, holding back the last stitch from each DC on your hook, you will have 4 stitches on your hook. Yarn over and pull through all 4 loops {one 3-Double Crochet Cluster stitch made}. Chain 3, make another 3-Double Crochet Cluster in the top that closed off your first cluster or the 3rd chain from hook. Join with a slip stitch to where your first cluster began, this will complete the bobble.  Chain 3 and SC into the next stitch {skipping 2 stitches on the outside edge}.

Finishing
Using the long tail you left at the beginning, work SC2tog along the top edge.  Weave in ends.





I would love to see your completed tree skirts!! If you are on social media don't forget to tag me @crochethappens on Instagram or @crochet.happens.here on Facebook.  You can also email those photos to me here.


Happy crocheting, 

~ Maggie 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment