Thursday, January 25, 2024

Free Crochet Pattern - Positive Pickle


A couple years ago I shared a free crochet pattern for my Christmas Pickle Ornament. But ever since I started making my popular Pocket Hugs last year, I have been wanting to do a pickle version. I contacted Anna from The Knotty Boss to see if she could make me a printable card design for them and she said she already had one in the making. So I waited...not so patiently, lol. 


The moment she realized them, I was ready! I already had some made and waiting to be photographed and you guys, I was not disappointed. These are the cutest little things!!

If you want to make your own Positive Pickle, you can grab the PDF Version or keep reading. Be sure to pin this post so that you can come back to it later. 


Materials



Stitches Used


SC = Single Crochet

TR = Treble/Triple Crochet

SC2tog = Single Crochet 2 together



Pattern

Round 1: SC 6 in magic circle, place marker (6sts)

Round 2: 2SC in each stitch to marker (12sts), place marker.

Round 3: SC in each stitch to marker (12sts), place marker.

Round 4: (SC in first 3, Triple Crochet) to marker (12sts), place marker.


**At this point I like to weave in the tail to secure the bottom.


Round 5: SC in each stitch to marker (12sts), place marker.

Round 6: SC in the first stitch,(TR, SC in next 3) to marker, ending with SC in last 2 stitches (12sts), place marker.

**I usually give the "bumps" a little push to the outside as I go.

Round 7: SC to marker (12sts), place marker.

Round 8: SC 7, TR, SC 3, TC, place marker (12sts).

Round 9: SC to marker (12sts), place marker.


At this point I pause to add the mouth and eyes. I place the mouth in the open spot just made on round 7 and eyes (2 stitches apart) between rounds 8 & 9. 


I like to use a piece of crochet thread for the mouth, but you could use embroidery floss or a piece of scrap yarn. 


Round 10: SC in the first stitch, (TR,SC in next 3) to marker ending with SC in the last 2 stitches (12sts), place marker.

Round 11: SC to marker (12sts), place marker.

Round 12: SC to marker (12sts), place marker.

**At this point stop and fill your pickle with either stuffing or scrap yarn.

Round 13: SC2tog to marker (6sts) Fasten off yarn.  


Finishing

 To close the top of your pickle, weave the tail of the yarn through the front loops of the top stitches using a yarn needle then pull tight to close.  Finish by weaving the tail around the circle a couple times and tucking the tail inside the pickle.  



Tada! You now have a super cute Positive Pickle of your own. You can add a keychain, attach to a card and place in an organza bag, add to a mini jar... so many options with these little guys.


Don't forget to tag me and share your photos!


Happy Crocheting,


~Maggie





0 Comments:

Post a Comment