Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Free Pattern ~ Crocheted Sunglasses Case



Recently I had to get myself a new pair of sunglasses because my other pair had gotten destroyed from me constantly tossing them in my bag.  


I found this pair of Betsy Johnson sunglasses at TJ Max and I love them!! Especially the super cute heart on one of the ear thingys {not sure what you call it}.


Well, I certainly want these ones to last as long as possible, so I found myself in need of a way to protect them from being scratched when I am not wearing them.  

After some thought I finally got the idea to crochet a case for them.  Another fun accessory!!! {in case you don't know I LOVE accessories}

This is what I came up with...


It was actually pretty simple.  I decided to line it with some fabric I had at home, and I am glad I did.  It gave it a much more finished look.  


It turned out so good I made several in different colors. 


You can make your own or purchase one of mine from my Etsy Shop Crochet Happens

Sunglasses Case Pattern

Materials

Caron simply soft yarn
Size G/4mm crochet hook
Small button
Optional Fabric 4"x14"
Optional matching thread

Case

Chain 14, sc in 2nd chain from hook and across, then SC in each of the bottom loops of stitches you previously crocheted in, you will be crocheting in the round.  You should have 26 sts around. 

Continue crocheting in the round, do not join at end of rounds, until you reach 6".

To form loop for button:  SC to middle of row, chain 12 for loop, slip stitch back into same stitch in row, then SC to end of row and fasten off.  

I used a 7/18" button but you should be able to use any size you like.  

Lining:

Cut a piece of fabric 4" X 14".  Fold in half (right sides together) with short ends together and sew the long sides together.  Fold down the top edge a little to form a neat edge and hand sew into place inside case, making sure side seams line up with the sides of the case.  I used thread to match my yarn so it would not show on the outside.  

Let me know if you have any questions. This is my first attempt at sharing a pattern I made myself so I hope it isn't too confusing.

Happy crafting,

~Maggie

1 Comments:

  1. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... ladies sunglasses 101

    ReplyDelete