Monday, November 7, 2016

How To Make Easy Crocheted Bows


The weather outside is finally starting to cool off, which means I get to start working on some of my favorite items to make...hats!!

I don't know about you, but I love to scroll through Pinterest and always end up finding lots of ideas and inspiration.  I recently came across a lot of items with cute bows on them and instantly fell in love with the bows.  I think the bow is the new flower for adorning hats, ear warmers, and gloves!! 

I kept envisioning a grey hat with a black bow and couldn't wait to make it.  I love how it turned out and have since added many other color options in my Etsy shop. 

I used this pumpkin hat pattern from Crochet Jewel for the hat {leaving off the stem of coarse} and then added this simple bow.

Simple Double Crochet Bow


Leaving long tail, Chain 16
Row 1:  DC in 2nd 3rd chain from hook and across (14DC)
Row 2:  Chain 2, DC across to end.
Row 3:  Chain 2, DC across to end.  Fasten off. 

Finishing:  Weave tails into the center, then using the tails, wrap around center to shape the bow and tie ends together in the back.  Stitch the bow onto the hat using the same color yarn as the bow so that the stitches aren't seen.  I stitched completely around the bow so that it was sitting flat on the hat as opposed to flopping around loosely but you could do it however you prefer. 


For those of you who do not crochet these hats can be purchased in my Etsy Shop. 

I would love to see your finished projects!!  If you are active on social media you can tag me @crochethappens or #crochethappens.

Happy crafting, 

~Maggie


0 Comments:

Post a Comment