Thursday, April 18, 2024

Chunky Ribbed Scarf - Free Crochet Pattern

 


This super comfy scarf using double stranded worsted weight yarn making it a quick make that you are sure to love. You can find the free pattern below or grab the PDF version here or Raverly. Don't forget to pin this post for later. 


Finished Size: 8" x 75" (not including fringe)


Materials Needed


Worsted weight yarn (634 yards for solid color or 317 yards each is using 2 colors)

For the scarf pictured I used 1 skein of Big Twist Value in Navy and 1 skein of Big Twist Twinkle in Grey


Pattern

Row 1: Using 2 strands of yarn and leaving a 7" beginning tail, chain 143. HDC in 2nd chain from hook and across to end. (142 sts)

Rows 2-12: Chain 1, HDC in back loop to end. (142 sts). Fasten off at the end of row 12, leaving a 7" tail. 


Fringe

Cut 14" lengths of yarn, or desired length for fringe. I added 12 groups of 4 fringes on each end of the scarf. If using 2 colors of yarn you will need 48 strands in each color or if using only one color, you will need 96 strands. I like to use a piece of cardboard half the length I want my fringe to be, wrap the yarn around once for each strand I need, and then cut the yarn at one end of my cardboard. I find this method much faster than measuring off strands individually. 


To attach the fringe, take 4 strands of yarn (2 of each color is using 2 colors) and loop them through the end of the scarf, then pull the ends through the loop and carefully pull to tighten. Repeat 12 times on each end of the scarf, pulling the beginning and ending tails through the corner fringe.


I hope you enjoyed making this scarf! Be sure to share photos of your finished scarf and tag me, @crochethappens on Instagram or @shopcrochethappens or Facebook. I would love to see!

Happy crocheting,

Maggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment